Dr. Wong Hon Kiat
FAMS (SG), MMed (Ophth), MBBS (SG), FRCS (UK)
Bringing with him a wealth of experience and expertise from previous positions at the Ministry of Health and Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Dr. Wong Hon Kiat is eager to provide safe and thoughtful care for his patients.
Dr. Wong has taken on many research projects over the years and subsequently published his findings in well-respected medical journals like the Eye Journal and Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery. His research mainly concerns eye health in Asian populations. He has also given presentations about his research at international conferences in Singapore and around the world.
In addition, Dr. Wong is a recipient of multiple awards, including those from the International Ophthalmology Congress and The Eye Institute.
- Medical Officer, Ministry of Health – Vaccination Operations Task Group (VOTG)
- Senior Manager, Ministry of Health – Department of Professional Training and Assessment Standards (PTAS)
- Senior Resident Physician, Tan Tock Seng Hospital Ophthalmology Department
- Fourth International Ophthalmology Congress 2011
- The Eye Institute – HOYA Research Prize 2005
- Dean’s List Award – MBBS First Professional Exam 2001 – 2002
- Eye Journal – Outcome of 23-gauge Sutureless Transconjunctival Vitrectomy for Endophthalmitis
- Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery – Epidemiology of Postoperative Endophthalmitis in an Asian Population
- Rate of progression of diabetic retinopathy in an Asian population
- Prevalence of endogenous and exogenous endophthalmitis in an Asian population
- Factors affecting surgically induced astigmatism
- Euretina 2017 – Barcelona, Spain
- AAPOS 2013 – Singapore
- ARVO 2013 – Seattle, USA
- ASCRS 2012 – Chicago, USA